Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Shopping trip

Beth was an absolute angel during our almost-at-the-end-of-our-Christmas-shopping trip today. Chattered with me in the car, stuck right with me in the stores where I didn't stick her in a shopping cart, held my hand in the parking lots. (Okay, she took off running in the Lowe's parking lot while I was digging for my keys. Had to chase after her before she went headlong into traffic. But besides that....) She was good enough that I took her to McDonald's on the way home. (Create your own audio clip: Happy voice from the back seat singing, "Fries! Fries!") Her first Happy Meal, weird toy included. So we chowed down on chicken nuggets, apple slices, a juice box – and of course the fries. Toward the end of the meal she discovered the caramel sauce that came with the apple slices. She wouldn't dip her apples in it, but she dunked one little finger in and licked it off – over and over and over and over and over....

On the way home she fell asleep holding my hand. By the time I pulled in our driveway my right arm was tingling. Totally worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.